covid support: register for essential urgent support needed
Please note: Priority delivery areas are Otara & Papatoetoe. Please scroll down to see supports available to those living outside these areas.
QUICK resource & support LINKS
We have provided links below to services, where if you are requiring access to emergency support including food, essential items, medication and transportation for vaccination and testing.
- If you need food urgently (in the next 24- 48 hours) you to connect with your local food-bank, a list of food banks and other food assistance services across NZ can be found on:
- Family Services Directory: https://www.familyservices.govt.nz/directory/
- Food Secure Communities: https://www.msd.govt.nz/what-we-can-do/community/food-secure-communities/index.html
- If you need financial help to buy food or pay other essential costs, you may be able to get help through Work and Income. You do not need to be on a benefit to get help. Work and Income can help with paying for food, accommodation costs, power and gas bills, heating and medical or dental costs. To access this support you can:
- Call 0800 559 009
- Use the online calculator HERE to check what they might get
- Updated information for people that need help, support or advice can be found on the Unite against COVID-19 website.
MANGERE LAW CENTRE RESOURCE DOCUMENTS
Drafted letter that can be amended if you have concerns about your pay and wage subsidy payments during lockdown period.
The team at Community Law Centre have created a wage subsidy chart that is designed to help you better understand the scheme.
Many families are struggling to pay their rent during this lockdown period.
Attached is a drafted letter for tenants to use when requesting a temporary rent reduction from their landlords. This letter is easy to use and is designed to help you approach your landlord with confidence. Feel free to download, amend and share accordingly.
NB: This letter only seeks to reduce the rent for a fixed period of time and does not aim to relieve you from paying your rent entirely. It merely seeks temporary rental reduction until such time your financial circumstances are restored.
If you have any questions please contact our Mangere Community Law Centre on 0800 100 254 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org. For employment matters: email@example.com.
They are still operating weekly from Mon to Friday 9am-5pm
2021 COVID DELTA RESPONSE GALLERY
the cbnz covid19 response team is PROUDLY FUNDED AND SUPPORTED BY:
Through the provision of emergency Food and Covid-19 PPE gear packages, we are supporting 106 apartment units from the the two main Senior Villages in Otara during Level 4 lock-down, Responding to urgent needs through our existing street leader network in Otara & Papatoetoe and then where our remaining resources permit responding to wider Otara community need.